Blog Archive

Friday, May 08, 2009

My first digital rendering...

Personal File: My first digital automotive rendering was this Oldsmobile Aurora (circa 1996). I originally cut the car out of a magazine advertisement and then cut out pieces of the middle to find the desired coupe shape. I taped the pieces back together and had a pretty convincing picture.

However, while I was learning digital illustration in college, I wanted to make that coupe picture look more realistic. After scanning the car and working with it in Photoshop, I was pretty pleased with the final result.

It certainly wasn't much, but this little exercise put me in the mindset that I could take any vehicle and turn it into something different. That was a very big step for me as I realized anything was possible if I put in enough effort and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment